Priceless Care * Affordable Services
Thank you for choosing the Spay & Neuter Center of Southern Nevada. We have assembled a veterinary health care team committed to providing exceptional client service and veterinary health care. Our mission is to offer affordable veterinary care solutions to the Las Vegas and surrounding communities.
If you are scheduling an appointment to have your pet spayed or neutered, here are a few things you should know:
- No food after midnight the night before. Water is ok until 6:00 AM. If your pet is less that 4 months of age, offer 1/4 of a meal at 6:00 AM the morning of surgery.
- We recommend your pet be at least 4 months of age but exceptions can be made. Clark County Ordinance 10.08.130 requires that all pets 4 months of age and older must be spayed or neutered. Click here for details.
- Patients are admitted between 7:00-7:30 AM.
- Your pet will have a thorough medical exam by a veterinarian the morning of surgery to ensure that your pet is healthy and can undergo anesthesia safely
- If there are any health concerns surgery may be cancelled or delayed.
- If your pet requires further care for problems identified on physical exam, we will be happy to refer you to a veterinary hospital in your area if you do not have a family veterinarian.
- Your pet will be monitored while under anesthesia. The patient’s heart rate, respiratory rate, oxygen saturation, and temperature are determined with machines and confirmed manually. The findings are also documented in the medical record.
- ALL patients are on heat support both during and after surgery. This helps maintain body temperature and minimize risk under anesthesia and in recovery.
- ALL patients receive pain medication both before and after the procedure.
- ALL patients are intubated and are on gas inhalant anesthesia. This is cleared from the system quickly and allows for faster recovery as well.
- We are available for follow-up care after surgeries if needed.
- Our staff members are extensively trained in anesthesia, patient monitoring, and taking care of your beloved pet during and after surgery.
- Pets are discharged the same day and must be picked up by 5:30pm.
We take every precaution to ensure the well-being and comfort of your valued family member.
Vaccine clinic is on a walk-in basis every day, except Wednesday, between 3:00pm-5:00pm.
- The veterinarian will examine your cat or dog to determine their overall health before vaccinations are administered.
- You will be advised of any problems or concerns which will allow you to obtain further care for your pet.
It is important to note that we follow the vaccine guidelines set forth by the American Animal Hospital Association and the American Association of Feline Practitioners Feline Vaccine Advisory Panel.